On September 6, 2012 Manolis Koubarakis, Kostis Kyzirakos and Charalampos Nikolaou presented an invited tutorial on data modeling, querying and reasoning for linked geospatial data in the Reasoning Web Summer School which took place in Vienna.
The topics covered in the tutorial together with the relevant slides are given below:
- Introduction [pdf]
- Background in geospatial data modeling [pdf]
- Geospatial data in RDF - stSPARQL [pdf]
- Geospatial data in RDF - GeoSPARQL [pdf]
- Implemented RDF Stores with geospatial support [pdf]
- Geospatial information with description logics, OWL and rules [pdf]
- Conclusions, questions, discussion [pdf]
There is also an accompanying tutorial paper:
- M. Koubarakis, M. Karpathiotakis, K. Kyzirakos, C. Nikolaou, and M. Sioutis, Data Models and Query Languages for Linked Geospatial Data, Invited tutorial at the 8th Reasoning Web Summer School 2012 (RW 2012), Austria, Vienna, 03-08 September, 2012. [pdf]
For some more interesting tutorials given at the Reasoning Web Summer School see http://www.kr.tuwien.ac.at/events/rw2012.